Sheldon Pontaoe counsels clients on a broad range of legal issues in intellectual property, including trademarks, copyrights, domain names, social media and brand protection.
Sheldon has extensive life sciences and pharmaceutical experience and served as in-house counsel for industry-leading companies including Elanco, Eli Lilly and Company, Alcon Laboratories, Novartis Pharmaceuticals and GlaxoSmithKline. Sheldon started his legal career working for law firms in New York City.
Outside of the office, Sheldon enjoys golf, tennis and spending time with family and friends.
NOT ADMITTED TO PRACTICE IN NORTH CAROLINA
Professional & Community Affiliations
- International Trademark Association (INTA) (1999-present)
- Pharmaceutical Research and Manufacturers Association (PhRMA) Trademark Focus Group, (2001-2015), Chair (2014-2015)
- Association of Corporate Counsel, Dallas-Fort Worth and Indiana Chapters (2011-2022)
- General Counsel Forum (2015-2017)
- GC Netweavers (2015-present)
- Officer and Board Member, Triangle Intellectual Property Law Association (2001-2009)
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association (2001-2015)
Honors & Awards
- National Asian Pacific American Bar Association, "Best Lawyers Under 40" (2002)
- Alcon President and Novartis CEO Award (2012)
- Finalist for WTR Healthcare & Life Sciences Team of the Year Award (2013)