Peter Bosman joined Smith Anderson in July 2012. He focuses his practice on domestic and international finance transactions, including acquisition financing, asset-based financing and real estate financing. Peter has experience in a variety of commercial transactional matters, including secured and unsecured credit facilities, corporate securities, real estate acquisitions, and other debt and equity investments. He has also devoted considerable time to pro bono work in the areas of special education advocacy and representation of non-profit entities and to volunteering in youth athletics.
Prior to joining Smith Anderson, Peter practiced finance law in the Chicago office of an international law firm.
Honors & Awards
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2017-2019)
- Advised a specialty pharmaceutical company in its acquisition of a private pharmaceutical company focusing on pediatric medications.
- Advised a private equity fund in its acquisition of a leading provider of staffing resources to the biotechnology, pharmaceutical and medical device companies for clinical trial needs.
- Advised a bank in a $5,750,000 financing supporting a sponsor-backed acquisition of a short haul freight.
Advised a bank in a $2,359,900 financing of a search fund’s acquisition of a provider of healthcare analytics solutions.
Represented a private equity client as equity sponsor and mezzanine lender in connection with leveraged acquisition of textile producer.
- Represented a large financial institution as administrative agent in restructuring of $40 million United States and Luxembourg credit facility for provider of glass and ceramics furnace services.
- Advised a private equity fund on the acquisition, equity and debt financing of a reference laboratory.
- Represented a commercial bank as administrative agent in connection with $155 million first lien revolving and term loan credit facility and $40,000,000 second lien term loan facility.
- Represented a large commercial bank in $20 million asset sale of textile manufacturer following debt-to-equity restructuring.
- Represented drone technology company in connection with negotiation of $5,000,000 revolving credit facility.
- Represented clinical-stage pharmaceuticals company in connection with $20,000,000 term loan facility.
- Represented an international hotel and hospitality client in connection with bid to purchase boutique luxury hotel in Chicago.
- Represented a textile manufacturer as real estate counsel in connection with sale of South Carolina manufacturing facility.
- Represented a large commercial bank in connection with debt and equity restructuring of first and second lien facilities and institution of new tranche of priming debt for Canadian automotive parts manufacturer.
- Represented a large financial institution in its capacities as US administrative agent and European administrative agent in connection with $70 million term loan and incremental term loan facilities.
- Represented a private equity client in connection with negotiation and documentation of $35 million credit facility in support of leveraged acquisition.
- Represented a provider of medical transcription services in connection with negotiation and documentation of credit facility and notes offering.
- Represented a Chicago-based private equity group in connection with asset acquisition of a barbecue grill manufacturer, including purchases of manufacturing and warehousing facilities and renegotiations of leases.
- Advised a private equity fund in its acquisition of a specialty pharmaceutical company.
- Represented a large commercial bank as administrative agent in connection with negotiation and documentation of $175 million shari’ah compliant financing arrangements.
- Represented institutional mezzanine funds in debt and equity financings, including first lien, second lien, unsecured mezzanine, and unitranche debt investments ranging from $2 million to $30 million, preferred, common and strip equity co-investments, and warrant and other equity kickers.
- Represented funds in connection with debt and equity investments in healthcare, energy, education, government contracting, communications, software, manufacturing industries.
- Represented SBICs and BDCs.
News & Publications
- North Carolina Super Lawyers Recognizes Forty Smith Anderson Lawyers as Super Lawyers and Rising Stars in 2019Super Lawyers, 01.24.2019
- 2018 North Carolina Super Lawyers Recognizes Forty-three Smith Anderson Lawyers as Super Lawyers and Rising StarsSuper Lawyers, 01.25.2018
- Super Lawyers, 01.20.2017
- Presenter, "PPP Loan Forgiveness Updates and Payroll Tax Deferral Consideration," Financial Executives Networking Group (FENG) Virtual Meeting09.09.2020
- Co-Presenter, "The Latest on PPP Loan Forgiveness," Webinar Hosted by ACG Piedmont Triad Network07.07.2020
- Co-Presenter, "Financial Options for Practices during the COVID-19 Pandemic," The North Carolina Medical Society, Webinar04.06.2020
- Moderator, "Annual CEO/CFO Outlook Panel," ACG Breakfast Meeting, Durham, N.C.05.16.2019
- Panelist, "Roundtable Discussion: Private Equity (Buyout)," Alternative Investments Conference, Chapel Hill, N.C.03.28.2019
- Lecturing Fellow, "Early-Stage Financing: The Emergence of Crowdfunding," Duke University School of Law’s Wintersession, Durham, N.C.01.2016
- Lecturing Fellow, "Early-Stage Financing: The Emergence of Crowdfunding," Duke University School of Law’s Wintersession, Durham, N.C.01.2015
- Guest Judge, "Transactional Law Competition," Duke University School of Law, Durham, N.C.11.2014
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
- U.S. District Court for the Northern District of Illinois
University of Virginia School of Law, J.D., 2009
University of North Carolina, B.A., with honors, 2001