Miles Wobbleton joined Smith Anderson in 2019 as a lawyer in the Finance group. Miles maintains a diverse practice in the firm’s corporate, private equity, and finance practices in which he represents startups, established companies, private equity firms, and venture banks and other financial institutions.
Prior to joining Smith Anderson, Miles was a member of the banking and finance practice of a global law firm, where he represented lenders, issuers, and others in U.S. and cross-border structured finance and fund finance transactions.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Board of Directors, Good Solar Organization
- American Bar Association
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Leadership Council on Legal Diversity
- Co-Chair, Triangle Regional Alumni Club, University of North Carolina School of Law
- Kappa Sigma Fraternity, Eta Prime Chapter (Duke University), Alumnus Advisor
Honors & Awards
- Articles Editor, First Amendment Law Review
- National Negotiations Team, Holderness Moot Court
- Elected, Order of the Coif
- Fellowship, The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi
- Represented a Nasdaq-listed bank holding company in a public offering of subordinated notes for aggregate proceeds of $350 million.
- Represented a Nasdaq-listed bank holding company in a public offering of depositary shares representing interests in preferred stock for aggregate proceeds of $345 million.
- Advised a bank in a $5,750,000 financing supporting a sponsor-backed acquisition of a short haul freight.
Advised a venture lending bank in a financing of its senior credit agreement with a company specializing in ready-to-eat meals.
Advised a venture lending bank in a financing of its senior credit agreement with a company specializing in manufacturing and selling bedding products.
News & Publications
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
- University of North Carolina, J.D., with high honors, 2018
- Order of the Coif
- Campbell University, B.A., summa cum laude, 2015