Mike Frongello joined Smith Anderson in September 2014. Mike focuses on representing companies in mergers and acquisitions and commercial transactions, counseling clients with regard to general corporate and commercial law issues, and assisting clients in connection with leasing, buying, and selling commercial real estate.
Mike has been involved in the community through his work as a youth baseball coach with the West Raleigh Baseball Association and helped lead the West Raleigh 12-year-old All-Star team to the 2011 Cal Ripken World Series.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association
- Minorities in the Profession Committee
- Member, Urban Land Institute
- ULI Diversity and Inclusion Committee
- Member, Wake County Bar Association
- Member, Alumni Engagement Committee, University of North Carolina Law Alumni Board
- President, Davidson College Alumni Association, Triangle Chapter
- Board Member, Davidson Athletic Fund
- Volunteer, Great Futures Campaign, Boys and Girls Club of Wake County
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers®, "Ones to Watch," Mergers and Acquisitions Law, Real Estate Law (2021)
- Symposium Editor, North Carolina Journal of Law and Technology
- National Negotiation Team, Holderness Moot Court
- Member, Middle Creek High School Athletics Hall of Fame
University of North Carolina School of Law
- Honors Writing Scholar
- Dean's Fellow
- Treasurer, Hispanic-Latino Law Students Association
- Vice President, Sports and Entertainment Law Association
- Risk Management Chair, Phi Delta Theta Fraternity
- Member, Omicron Delta Kappa
- President, Student-Athlete Advisory Council
- Sports Editor, The Davidsonian
- Captain, Davidson College Baseball Team
Advised a specialty pharmaceutical company in its acquisition of a private pharmaceutical company focusing on pediatric medications.
- Advised a private equity fund on the acquisition, equity and debt financing of a reference laboratory.
- Represented a global solid state LED lighting and semiconductor manufacturing company in connection with its announced agreement for its $850 million sale of assets to a publicly traded German semiconductor company. The transaction was terminated before completion due to regulatory considerations.
- Advised a company specializing in technological pharmaceutical solutions in a definitive agreement to acquire a company specializing in customized pharmaceutical reimbursement-based programs.
- Advised a protein bar manufacturer in a definitive agreement to be acquired by a global wellness products company.
- Advised a frozen foods company in a definitive agreement to acquire a frozen snacks business.