Jenny Bobbitt focuses her practice on counseling clients on employment law issues and the employment aspects of corporate transactions. Jenny advises companies of all sizes, including global companies, on a wide variety of employment law issues across a range of industries, including health care, pharmaceutical and technology. Her practice focuses on providing counseling and risk management advice on significant employment-related matters, including by identifying and managing employment-related issues in mergers, acquisitions and reorganizations.
Prior to joining Smith Anderson, Jenny was a corporate lawyer in the Louisville office of a regional law firm. Prior to that, Jenny practiced employment law in the Louisville office of a national law firm.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Board of Directors, Restorative Justice Louisville (2017–2019)
- Member, Public Service Committee of Louisville Bar Association (2017-2019)
- Executive Committee, Young Lawyer’s Division of Kentucky Bar Association (2018-2019)
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers®, "Ones to Watch," Labor and Employment Law – Management (2022)
- The National Black Lawyers Top 100, Top 40 Under 40 (2021)
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, Rising Stars (2020-2022)
- Kentucky Super Lawyers, Rising Stars (2019)
- Louisville Bar Association Leadership Academy (2019)
- Louisville Business First “Young Leaders Award” (2018)
- Staff Editor, Washington University Jurisprudence Review
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award – UCC Article 2
- Scholar in Law Award
- Advised an online gaming company in a definitive agreement to acquire an online 3-D modeling company.
- Advised a company specializing in video game and software development in an acquisition of a UK-based pioneer in the "kidtech" market.
- Advised an international research-oriented healthcare group on employment-related matters in its acquisition of worldwide product rights to a rare disease therapy.
Advised a global contract research organization and drug development services company in a transaction to acquire a provider of decentralized and traditional clinical trial-related services that included cross-border employment issues for employees and contractors located in various countries in Europe.
Advised a contract research organization in a definitive agreement to acquire a specialized contract research organization for the biotechnology industry.
- Advised a leading provider of patient affordability, access, adherence, and support services on cross-border employment matters related to our client’s acquisition of a healthcare information management software company.
News & Publications
- North Carolina Super Lawyers® Selects Largest Class of “Rising Stars” in Firm’s Recent History – 32 Lawyers Recognized in All!Super Lawyers, 01.13.2022
- Hitting a New Milestone - 100 Members of Smith Anderson’s Legal Team Recognized by Best Lawyers® and Best Lawyers: Ones to WatchBest Lawyers, 08.19.2021
- The National Black Lawyers Top 100 Honors Another Smith Anderson Woman as a Top Black Attorney in NCThe National Black Lawyers Top 100, 02.17.2021
- North Carolina Super Lawyers® Selects 23 Smith Anderson Lawyers as 2021 Super Lawyers and Nine Additional Lawyers as Rising StarsSuper Lawyers, 01.15.2021
- North Carolina Super Lawyers® Selects 24 Smith Anderson Lawyers as 2020 Super Lawyers and Nine Additional Lawyers as Rising StarsSuper Lawyers, 01.22.2020
- USDOL Releases Updated Guidance and Mandatory Employee Notice Poster for Families First Coronavirus Response Act03.27.2020
- COVID-19 Update for Employers: Congress Passes Emergency Employment Legislation; Governor Cooper Issues Executive Order on Unemployment Benefits03.19.2020
- Co-Presenter, "Law School for the CFO," CFO Leadership Council Roundtable and Happy Hour, Raleigh, N.C.05.11.2022
- Co-Panelist, "Hot (Non-COVID-19) Topics in Employment Law," Smith Anderson 29th Annual Employment Law Update, Virtual10.26.2021
- Co-Panelist, "Panel Discussion - Hot Topics in Employment Law," Smith Anderson 27th Annual Employment Law Update, Cary, N.C.11.2019
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
- Western District of Kentucky
- Eastern District of Kentucky
- Washington University in St. Louis School of Law, J.D. with a Certificate in Business Law, 2016
- Dean’s List
- Washington University in St. Louis Olin School of Business, M.B.A., 2016
- Northwestern University, B.A., 2012
- Dean’s List