Jenny Bobbitt joined Smith Anderson’s Employment, Labor and Human Resources practice group in 2019. Her practice focuses on counseling clients on employment law issues and the employment aspects of corporate transactions.
Prior to joining Smith Anderson, Jenny was a corporate lawyer in the Louisville office of a regional law firm. Prior to that, Jenny practiced employment law in the Louisville office of a national law firm.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Board of Directors, Restorative Justice Louisville (2017–2019)
- Member, Public Service Committee of Louisville Bar Association (2017-2019)
- Executive Committee, Young Lawyer’s Division of Kentucky Bar Association (2018-2019)
Honors & Awards
- The National Black Lawyers Top 100, Top 40 Under 40 (2021)
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, Rising Stars (2020-2021)
- Kentucky Super Lawyers, Rising Stars (2019)
- Louisville Bar Association Leadership Academy (2019)
- Louisville Business First “Young Leaders Award” (2018)
- Staff Editor, Washington University Jurisprudence Review
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award – UCC Article 2
- Scholar in Law Award
Advised a global contract research organization and drug development services company in a transaction to acquire a provider of decentralized and traditional clinical trial-related services that included cross-border employment issues for employees and contractors located in various countries in Europe.
Advised a contract research organization in a definitive agreement to acquire a specialized contract research organization for the biotechnology industry.
- Advised a leading provider of patient affordability, access, adherence, and support services on cross-border employment matters related to our client’s acquisition of a healthcare information management software company.
News & Publications
- The National Black Lawyers Top 100 Honors Another Smith Anderson Woman as a Top Black Attorney in NCThe National Black Lawyers Top 100, 02.17.2021
- North Carolina Super Lawyers® Selects 23 Smith Anderson Lawyers as 2021 Super Lawyers and Nine Additional Lawyers as Rising StarsSuper Lawyers, 01.15.2021
- North Carolina Super Lawyers® Selects 24 Smith Anderson Lawyers as 2020 Super Lawyers and Nine Additional Lawyers as Rising StarsSuper Lawyers, 01.22.2020
- USDOL Releases Updated Guidance and Mandatory Employee Notice Poster for Families First Coronavirus Response Act03.27.2020
- COVID-19 Update for Employers: Congress Passes Emergency Employment Legislation; Governor Cooper Issues Executive Order on Unemployment Benefits03.19.2020
- Co-Panelist, "Panel Discussion - Hot Topics in Employment Law," Smith Anderson 27th Annual Employment Law Update, Cary, N.C.11.2019
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
- Western District of Kentucky
- Eastern District of Kentucky
- Washington University in St. Louis School of Law, J.D. with a Certificate in Business Law, 2016
- Dean’s List
- Washington University in St. Louis Olin School of Business, M.B.A., 2016
- Northwestern University, B.A., 2012
- Dean’s List