Eva Gullick Frongello joined Smith Anderson in September 2014 and is a member of the firm’s Technology practice group. Her practice focuses on intellectual property and intellectual property litigation. Eva advises companies on the development, commercialization and protection of their intellectual property, including prosecuting trademark and service mark applications before the United States Patent and Trademark Office and managing disputes before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Awards, Silent Auction Committee
- Member, Rotary Club of Raleigh
- Member, Wake County Bar Association
- Mentor, McIntyre-Whichard Legal Fellows Program
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers®, "Ones to Watch," Litigation - Intellectual Property (2021)
- Recipient, Gressman-Pollitt Oral Advocacy Award, Best Appellant
- Staff Member, The North Carolina Law Review
- University of North Carolina School of Law
- Dean's Fellow (2012 - 2014)
- Clinic Student Attorney, UNC School of Law Immigration Clinic
- University of North Carolina
- Vice President of Philanthropy, Alpha Chi Omega Sorority
- Assist companies with the full range of legal services necessary to establish and maintain a strong lasting mark, including advice and assistance with mark adoption and selection, providing counseling on what the law (and marketing research) recognizes as inherently strong marks, conducting availability analysis (including infringement analysis with respect to pre-existing trademark rights of others), local and international registration of marks, enforcement of trademark, service marks and trade dress rights and maintenance of such rights.
- 5 years of experience prosecuting trademark and service mark registration applications before the United States Patent and Trademark Office.
- Represent clients in connection with trademark opposition proceedings before the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- Assist clients with management and maintenance of international trademark portfolios.
- Assist clients with preparing and negotiating Consent Agreements, Co-Existent Agreements, Trademark and Service Mark License Agreements (including intra-company agreements) and other commercial agreements in connection with monetizing intellectual property assets.
- Regularly work with foreign counsel worldwide to manage our clients’ international trademark portfolios. Excellent legal contacts and established working relationships with trademark counsel in Canada, Mexico, Asia, South America, Europe and other jurisdictions. Experience overseeing the worldwide management of trademark portfolios for numerous clients.
- Represent clients in a variety of industries including, a world famous golf resort, beverage companies, retail companies, music companies, technology and pharmaceutical companies, healthcare companies, fashion companies, as well as a wide range of start-up clients.
News & Publications
- Co-speaker, "Copyright Trolls, Traps and Best Practices," Public Relations Society of America’s 2018 International Conference, Austin, Texas10.09.2018
Bar & Court Admissions
- All North Carolina State Courts
- U.S. District Courts for the Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of North Carolina
University of North Carolina, J.D., with honors, 2014
University of North Carolina, B.A., International Studies and Psychology, Dean's List (2006 - 2009), 2009