Eric Fisher works with Smith Anderson’s Corporate practice where he advises a broad range of clients on a variety of matters. He specializes in mergers and acquisitions.
Prior to attending law school, Eric worked at Furman University for three years where he collaborated with faculty members to build programs bridging academic and residential communities. He then spent over a decade in multiple administrative roles with a growing charter school network in Newark and Camden, New Jersey. He was a part of the network’s management team, leading divisions focused on data and analytics, college and career access, and organizational growth and strategy.
Honors & Awards
- Winston Crisp Leadership Award, University of North Carolina School of Law Student Bar Association
- Eugene Gressman & David H. Pollitt Oral Advocacy Award
- University of North Carolina School of Law
- Editor-in-Chief, North Carolina Law Review
- Advised a Nasdaq-listed pharmaceutical development company in the acquisition of a specialty dermatology company for up to $51 million in up-front and contingent consideration.
- Advised a private equity fund in its acquisition of a contract research organization focused on the ophthalmology industry for an undisclosed amount.
- Advised a life sciences company on its acquisition of a clinical manufacturing facility for an undisclosed amount.
- Advised a growing health and home services organization in multiple definitive agreements to acquire entities providing group home services.
- Advised a leading travel management company in definitive agreements to acquire multiple corporate and leisure travel companies.
News & Publications
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D, with high honors, 2020
- Order of the Coif
Clemson University, M.Ed., 2007
Furman University, B.A., 2003
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Loretta C. Biggs, Middle District of North Carolina