Liz Thomsen joined Smith Anderson in August 2015 as an associate in the Corporate and Commercial groups.
Prior to joining Smith Anderson, Liz was an associate in the media and information technologies group at a large national firm in Washington, DC. Prior to her work in Washington, DC, Elizabeth was an associate at a New York City based, global law firm where she advised on intellectual property and technology transactions.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- American Bar Association, Member, Section of Intellectual Property Law and Forum Committee on Entertainment and Sports Industries
- New York State Bar Association, Member, Intellectual Property Law Section and Entertainment, Arts and Sports Law Section
- Member, Smith Anderson Diversity Committee
Honors & Awards
- Named New York State Bar Association Empire State Counsel for 2011 for pro bono services
- Represented an international health care group and its U.S. specialty pharmaceutical company subsidiary in obtaining multinational license rights to three cardiovascular drugs from a large public pharmaceutical company for $264 million in cash at closing, up to $480 million in milestone and royalty payments, and the assumption of up to $50 million in milestone payment obligations
- Advised a private technology company in an agreement to purchase development-legal invoice analysis software
News & Publications
- Co-Author, "U.S. State and Selected Federal Privacy and Data Security Developments 2011: On the Threshold of a Federal Law?" The Twelfth Annual Institute on Privacy and Data Security Law, 2011
- Author, "What is a Webcaster to Do? A Look At the New Performance Rights License," Duke Law and Technology Review, 2008
Author, "Comcast & Net Neutrality: Will the FCC Take a Stance?"Duke Law and Technology Review Blawg, 2008