Deanna Anderson has made a career of taking care of her clients over the course of a lawsuit so that they can concentrate on their work and families. With over 20 years of litigation experience, Deanna takes each case personally, because she knows her clients do as well.
Her practice includes the representation of health care providers, businesses, organizations and individuals in a wide variety of disputes. Deanna enjoys being in a courtroom and has argued cases in the majority of North Carolina’s 100 counties and tried cases across the State. She also knows that the way to get the best outcome for her clients is to treat every case like you are going to end up in front of a jury.
Additionally, she has broad appellate experience in both state and federal courts and has argued before the North Carolina Court of Appeals and the North Carolina Supreme Court. She also has experience in alternative dispute resolution proceedings, including mediation and arbitration.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- North Carolina Association of Defense Attorneys, Past Chair, Medical Malpractice Group
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County/Tenth Judicial District Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Medical Malpractice Law - Defendants (2013-2020)
- Martindale-Hubbell AV Preeminent Rated
News & Publications
- Smith Anderson Leads “Best Lawyers®” Rankings with 71 Recognized Lawyers and 11 “Lawyers of the Year” - Most of Any Raleigh Law FirmThe Best Lawyers in America©, 08.20.2019
- 2017 The Best Lawyers in America© Guide Recognizes 62 Smith Anderson Lawyers – Most in the Firm’s History08.15.2016
- 2016 The Best Lawyers in America© Guide Lists 60 Smith Anderson Lawyers – Most in the Firm’s History08.17.2015
- Smith Anderson Announces 49 of its Firm Lawyers are Named a “Best Lawyer” by The Best Lawyers in America® 201308.29.2012
Bar & Court Admissions
- All North Carolina State Courts
- U.S. District Courts, Eastern, Middle and Western Districts of North Carolina
- U.S. Court of Appeals for the Fourth Circuit
Wake Forest University, J.D., 1995
California State University, Northridge, B.A., cum laude, 1991