Christine Walchuk is a partner in Smith Anderson’s Life Sciences practice group and has extensive experience counseling clients across the life sciences industry in a wide range of intellectual property and commercial transactions, including strategic partnerships, licensing, technology acquisition, research and development collaborations, clinical testing, contract services, distribution and manufacturing agreements. Christine also regularly counsels clients in support of private financings, public offerings, spin-outs and M&A transactions with respect to intellectual property rights and operational risks.
Prior to joining Smith Anderson, Christine practiced with global law firms in the Washington, D.C. and Northern Virginia region and she has worked with some of the foremost life sciences and technology companies in the world through advising on high-complexity collaboration deals in sectors including pharmaceuticals, biotechnology, medical devices, diagnostics, vaccines and agricultural technology.
Christine enjoys gardening, skiing, woodworking, painting and photography.
NOT ADMITTED TO PRACTICE IN NORTH CAROLINA
- University of Montana
- NCAA Division I Women’s Golf
- Academic All-American
- Advised a Nasdaq-listed pharmaceutical development company in the acquisition of a specialty dermatology company for up to $51 million in up-front and contingent consideration.
News & Publications
Bar & Court Admissions
- District of Columbia
- University of Richmond School of Law, J.D., cum laude, 2008
- Intellectual Property Certificate
- University of Montana, B.A. in Biology, highest honors, 2002