Cerretta Amos is an associate in Smith Anderson's Real Estate Development practice group.
Cerretta's practice focuses on easement negotiations; real estate acquisitions, dispositions and leasing; title disputes; public utility real estate issues; right-of-way acquisitions; and condemnation/eminent domain actions.
Prior to joining Smith Anderson in 2017, Cerretta spent several years focusing on commercial real estate due diligence. She has experience in reviewing loan and credit agreements, drafting ancillary documents, title documents, property condition assessments, phase I environmental site assessments, as well as zoning and survey documents.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association
- Member, Real Property Section
- Member, Young Lawyers Division
- Volunteer, North Carolina Bar Foundation 4ALL Service Day (2017-2019)
- Member, Wake County Bar Association
- Member, International Right of Way Association (IRWA)
- Volunteer, Legal Aid of North Carolina, Lawyer on the Line
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers®, "Ones to Watch," Real Estate Law (2021)
- Lead Editor, Duke Journal of Gender Law & Policy
- Executive Editor, Duke Forum for Law & Social Change
- Represented an electric utilities company in numerous cases involving the acquisition and condemnation of transmission line easements.
- Represented a natural gas company in obtaining easements for natural gas pipelines.
News & Publications
- 2021 Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch Recognize Largest Group of Smith Anderson Lawyers in Firm’s HistoryThe 2021 Best Lawyers®, 08.20.2020
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
- Western District of North Carolina
- Eastern District of North Carolina
- New York
Duke University School of Law, J.D., 2011
Florida A&M University, M.B.A. with a concentration in Finance, 2007
Florida A&M University, B.A. in Business Administration, 2005