Brandon Heffinger joined Smith Anderson’s Litigation practice group in 2018. Brandon represents clients in a wide range of business litigation matters.
Prior to joining Smith Anderson, Brandon earned a Master in Public Administration from Harvard University, where he was also a Zuckerman Fellow in the Center for Public Leadership. Prior to that, he served as a Law Clerk in the Western District of North Carolina and as a litigation lawyer in the Charlotte office of a global law firm.
Major, United States Marine Corps Reserve
Major Heffinger has served in the United States Marine Corps since 2008. He served as a Platoon Commander on tours in Ramadi, Iraq and Marjah, Afghanistan. He then served as the Executive Officer and Commanding Officer of Company I, 3rd Battalion, 25th Marine Regiment, and continues to serve in the United States Marine Corps Reserve.
Major Heffinger is the recipient of a Navy and Marine Corps Commendation Medal and two Navy and Marine Corps Achievement Medals.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Director and Adjunct Professor, Wake Forest Veterans Legal Clinic (2013-present)
- Member, North Carolina State Bar LAMP Committee (2015-present)
- Truman Defense Council Member, Truman National Security Project (2016-present)
- Veterans of Foreign Wars (2013-present)
- Board Member, Generation Nation (2016-2017)
- Board Member and Chair of Legal Committee, Warrior Rising (2016-2017)
Honors & Awards
- Zuckerman Fellowship, Center for Public Leadership, Harvard University
- The Zuckerman Fellowship provides recipients with a full scholarship and living stipend and equips them to provide leadership for the common good.
- Public Service Scholar, Carolina Center for Public Service, University of North Carolina
- The Public Service Scholars program provides a framework for students committed to making a positive impact through service and builds their capacity to effect change.
Bar & Court Admissions
- U.S. District Courts, Eastern, Middle, and Western Districts of North Carolina
- North Carolina
- Harvard University, John F. Kennedy School of Government, M.P.A., 2018
- Zuckerman Fellow, Center for Public Leadership
- Wake Forest University School of Law, J.D., 2014
- University of North Carolina, B.A., with distinction, 2007
- Dean’s List
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Richard L. Voorhees, U.S. District Court for the Western District of North Carolina