Heath Tripp focuses his practice on corporate law, finance, and mergers and acquisitions. He represents private and public companies across a variety of industry sectors on organizational matters, strategic acquisitions and divestitures, and commercial contracting matters. Heath also has an active private equity practice, representing funds in their formation and portfolio company investment matters.
Prior to attending law school, Heath worked in the corporate banking group of an international financial institution and the financial services practice group of a large southeastern law firm.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
- Board of Directors, Neighbor to Neighbor
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers®, "Ones to Watch," Mergers and Acquisitions Law (2021)
- Elected, Order of the Coif
- Articles Editor, Wake Forest Law Review
- Moot Court Board
- Advised a company specializing in video game and software development in a definitive agreement to acquire a company that developed a presence-based social networking platform connecting users online through live video on mobile and desktop apps.
- Advised one of the largest providers of community-based intellectual and/or developmental disability services in definitive agreements to acquire other providers of support and services to help individuals with development and physical disabilities.
- Represented closely held companies in various industries including pharmaceuticals, banking, and technology in domestic and international strategic transactions.
- Represented a leading travel management company in multiple strategic acquisitions, including its purchase of the assets of a Canadian travel management company.
- Represented a leading healthcare services provider in the $60 million cash acquisition of a global sourcing company.
- Represented a publicly traded supplier of aggregates and heavy building materials in the sale of a cement business for $420 million.
- Represented a leading small business investment company in the formation of a $400 million investment fund.
- Represented private equity clients as mezzanine lenders in connection with debt and equity financings, including first lien, second lien, and unitranche debt investments, in the defense, healthcare, wellness, golf, food, and entertainment industries.
- Represented clients in various industries including technology, travel, aviation, commercial construction and pharmaceuticals in the drafting and negotiating of commercial agreements.
- Represented start-up companies in various industries including technology, healthcare and financial services in the drafting of organizational and financing documents.
- Represented a global provider of biopharmaceutical development services and commercial outsourcing services in its $1.1 billion initial public offering and listing on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Represented a specialty pharma company in its acquisition of a pharmaceutical product to treat dermatological indications.
- Advised a private scientific research, systems engineering, and design company in its purchase of a consulting firm.
- Represented public company clients, including a global pharmaceutical contract manufacturing and development company and a public specialty pharmaceutical company, in connection with their Securities and Exchange Commission reporting obligations.
- Advised a leading contract research organization in a definitive agreement to acquire a provider of contract research, clinical and regulatory and other consulting services.
News & Publications
- 2021 Best Lawyers® and The Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch Recognize Largest Group of Smith Anderson Lawyers in Firm’s HistoryThe 2021 Best Lawyers®, 08.20.2020
- Published by WRAL, The News & Observer, Triangle Business Journal, CBS, Winston-Salem Journal, Goldsboro News-Argus, 11.15.2019
- We’re Still Waiting: When Will the SEC Lift the Ban on General Solicitation and Advertisements for Rule 506 and 144A Offerings?01.01.2013
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
Wake Forest University, J.D., cum laude, 2012
- Order of the Coif
Wake Forest University, Calloway School of Business and Accountancy, B.S., 2006