Smith Anderson Corporate lawyers Amy Batten and Margaret Rosenfeld and Commercial Litigation lawyer Alan Parry recently co-facilitated as part of a diverse team from business, law and academia a comprehensive program on the practical implications of the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002 (SOX) five years after enactment. Ms. Rosenfeld also served as program moderator.The program, Sarbanes-Oxley: What You Need to Know Five Years Later, included presentations and panel discussions on several key issues, including: * The Post-SOX Evolution of the Board and Its Committees
* Living With SOX Attorney Reporting-Up Procedures
* Broadening Board Diversity
* Auditor and Audit Committee Communications
* A View from Inside the Public Company
* D&O Insurance Trends "Five years after SOX's adoption, companies still feel its impact" said Margaret Rosenfeld. "For example, this year, public companies face new executive compensation rules and e-proxy requirements. This program provided a great opportunity for business leaders in North Carolina to get together and discuss SOX's impact thus far and the expected impact going forward" she added. Smith Anderson's Corporate practice works with diverse clients to handle a wide variety of matters, including general corporate; corporate governance; SEC compliance; investigations and audits; mergers and acquisitions; and public board advising. The Firm's Commercial Litigation practice has significant experience in risk management; resolving contract and commercial disputes through litigation in state and federal courts and utilizing alternative dispute resolution techniques when appropriate. Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business has recognized as among the best in North Carolina Smith Anderson's Corporate (Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions) and Commercial Litigation practices as well as Labor & Employment and Real Estate. Since its founding in 1912, Smith Anderson has grown to become the largest Triangle-based law firm and one of the largest in North Carolina. Representing diverse organizations with local, state, national and international interests, its lawyers focus on building and strengthening relationships by understanding clients' businesses and customizing legal solutions accordingly. The Firm's commitment to clients also extends to the community and legal profession.