Smith, Anderson, Blount, Dorsett, Mitchell & Jernigan LLP (Smith Anderson) is pleased to announce that the following twenty-five Firm lawyers appear on the inaugural North Carolina Super Lawyers list:
• R. Marks Arnold (Business/Corporate)
• Mark A. Ash (Business Litigation)
• Francis C. Bagbey (Real Estate Transactions)
• James D. Blount, Jr. (Civil Litigation Defense)
• Julian D. Bobbitt, Jr. (Administrative Law)
• David T. Buckingham (Real Estate Transactions)
• Christopher B. Capel (Mergers & Acquisitions)
• James K. Dorsett, III (Business Litigation)
• B. Davis Horne, Jr. (Lobbying/Government Relations)
• Michael W. Hubbard (Health Care)
• John L. Jernigan (Mergers & Acquisitions)
• Byron B. Kirkland (Business/Corporate)
• Kimberly J. Korando (Labor & Employment)
• Timothy P. Lehan (Medical Malpractice: Defense)
• John D. Madden (Medical Malpractice: Defense)
• Peter J. Marino (Construction/Surety)
• C. Steven Mason (Real Estate Transactions)
• Henry A. Mitchell, Jr. (Business Litigation)
• Robert Joseph Morris (Intellectual Property Litigation)
• Carl N. Patterson, Jr. (Business Litigation)
• Gerald F. Roach (Mergers & Acquisitions)
• Walter R. Rogers, Jr. (Tax)
• Samuel G. Thompson (Medical Malpractice: Defense)
• Donald H. Tucker, Jr. (Business Litigation)
• Kirk G. Warner (Civil Litigation: Defense)
Additionally, Mark A. Ash, James D. Blount, Jr., John L. Jernigan and Gerald F. Roach were included on the Top 100 list of lawyers who received the highest point totals.
B. Davis Horne, Jr. was the only lawyer listed in the Lobbying/Government Relations category.
About North Carolina Super Lawyers
Beginning in 2006, North Carolina Super Lawyers will list annually lawyers representing diverse practice areas, firm sizes and geographic locations who “have attained a high degree of peer recognition and professional achievement.” Listed lawyers represent about 5% of lawyers practicing in North Carolina.
Law & Politics implements a four-step selection process that includes surveying state lawyers who have practiced five+ years; a blue ribbon panel review; research to include interviews, data verification and good standing review; and final selection.