Arizona Care Network, an Accountable Care Organization (ACO) comprising nearly 6,000 Arizona health care providers who work together to build a better health care system, has been selected as an “Innovations” award winner by the National Association of Accountable Care Organizations (NAACOS).
ACOs are groups of doctors, hospitals and other health care providers working together who are accountable for the quality and cost outcomes of health care for specific groups of patients. Such groups are formed as a result of the growing recognition that the U.S. health care system will not succeed in bending the health care cost curve in America until its health care model shifts from a payment model that rewards the provision of service to one that rewards achieving clinical and financial outcomes.
The NAACOS awards honored three ACOs from across the country that showcased the most impressive innovations which have helped ACOs nationwide with everyday struggles. The “Innovations” award will be presented at the NAACOS Spring 2019 Conference held on April 24-26, 2019 in Baltimore, Maryland.
Smith Anderson health care and ACO attorney Bo Bobbitt leads Smith Anderson's value health care initiative for Arizona Care Network and the firm is pleased to provide specialized legal counsel to this national leader and award-winning innovator. The emerging value care environment presents unique new opportunities and legal risks for ACOs, including technology, privacy, intellectual property, and health regulatory.
The National Association of ACOs (NAACOS) is a 501 (c) 6 non-profit organization that allows Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) to work together to increase quality of care, lower costs and improve the health of their communities. NAACOS' mission is to:
- Foster growth of ACO models of care;
- Participate with federal agencies in development and implementation of public policy;
- Provide industry-wide uniformity on quality and performance measures;
- Educate members in clinical and operational best practices;
- Collectively engage the vendor community, and
- Educate the public about the value of accountable care.
For more information, visit: https://naacos.memberclicks.net/
About Arizona Care Network
Arizona Care Network (ACN) is a provider network that improves health outcomes and reduces costs by actively managing care for patients, with a special focus on people with complex or chronic illness, who are at risk for worsening health and face higher costs because of their disease. ACN was founded on a commitment to the Quadruple Aim:
- Improve the health of patients with quality care in the best care setting for their situation
- Enhance the patient experience because consumers have many choices and ACN must earn their business
- Manage the rising cost of care by working as a team, communicating effectively, and reducing costly duplication of services
- Increase provider satisfaction because ACN doctors and other care givers need to be healthy themselves to deliver good healthcare
Learn more at www.azcarenetwork.org.