Shay joined Smith Anderson in 2016 and advises clients on corporate transactions, including mergers and acquisitions, financings, asset purchases and dispositions and strategic collaborations.
While in law school, Shay served as a summer associate at Smith Anderson for two summers and in the Atlanta office of a national firm for one summer.
Professional & Community Affiliations
Vice-chairman Membership Committee, Carolina Club
Honors & Awards
Staff Member, North Carolina Law Review
- Advised a publicly traded health services company in the acquisition of a health services division of a privately held company for $105 million in cash
- Represented a leading provider of pharmacy-based patient care solutions and medication synchronization services to independent and chain pharmacies in its approximately $41 million sale of the company to a publicly traded buyer
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
- University of North Carolina School of Law, J.D., 2016
- Vanderbilt University, M.A., Medicine, Health and Society, 2013
- Vanderbilt University, B.A., Political Science and Medicine, Health and Society, 2012