Shawn Parker is a member of the firm’s Health Care team within the Regulatory Group, where he advises clients on health care policy, legislative advocacy, executive strategy, and regulatory guidance concerning business planning of organized medicine.
Prior to joining Smith Anderson, Shawn served as a Managing Partner for a public policy consulting firm working with clients in government agencies and the private sector. Prior to that, Shawn served as General Counsel and Senior Vice President at a large non-profit primarily responsible for managing North Carolina’s primary care case management program and considered a national leader in collaborative care and the medical home model.
From 2004 to 2012 he worked with the North Carolina General Assembly, most recently as a senior staff attorney. Shawn has extensive experience in public policy development and analysis, the legislative process and legislative drafting.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Wake County Bar Association
- Bylaws Committee
- 10th Judicial District, Bar Candidate Interview Committee
- Member, North Carolina Medical Board
- Co-Editor, North Carolina Bar Association Health Law Section publication Prognosis
- Council Member, Highland United Methodist Church Governance Board
News & Publications
North Carolina's Medicaid Program Transitions to Managed Care
By Shawn P. Parker
Prognosis (Health Law Section of the North Carolina Bar Association and the North Carolina Society of Healthcare Attorneys)
Events & Webinars
- "ACO Update – Practical Insights From the Field,” NC Bar Association 2016 Health Law Section Annual Meeting, NC Bar Center, Cary, N.C.04.2016
- Speaker, "North Carolina Medicaid Reform," Charlotte Speech & Hearing Center Board of Directors Meeting, Charlotte, N.C.04.2016