Patrick Lawler is an associate in Smith Anderson’s Employment, Labor and Human Resources practice group. Patrick advises clients in a variety of industries on a broad range of employment issues, including developing effective policies and procedures and providing risk management advice. He assists in identifying and managing employment-related issues in mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, and other corporate transactions. In addition, Patrick defends employers from claims of discrimination, retaliation, wrongful termination, breach of contract, unfair trade practices, and other business-related claims.
Prior to joining Smith Anderson, Patrick was an associate in the Raleigh office of a global labor and employment law firm.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Wake County Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Aycock-Poe Scholarship
- North Carolina Law Review (2012-2013)
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2018)
Advised a multinational Fortune 500 provider of product development and integrated healthcare services on employment-related matters in its merger with a NYSE-listed global information and technology services company, creating a leading information and tech-enabled healthcare service provider. The equity market capitalization of the joined companies was more than $17.6 billion at closing.
News & Publications
- Supreme Court Holds Class Action Waivers in Arbitration Agreements are Enforceable - a Victory for Employers05.29.2018
- 2016Published by Practical Law™ Labor & Employment
Events & Webinars
- Presenter, "Handling Unemployment Insurance Claims and Appeals Hearings: Employer Do's and Don'ts," Smith Anderson's 25th Annual Employment Law Update, Cary, N.C.10.2017