John joined Smith Anderson as an associate in 2016. As a member of the firm’s Litigation group, his practice focuses on representing clients in business and employment-related disputes.
Before joining Smith Anderson, John was a law clerk for the Honorable Karen LeCraft Henderson on the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit in Washington, D.C. He also spent time during and briefly after college working in the North Carolina General Assembly.
Professional & Community Affiliations
North Carolina Bar Association
Honors & Awards
- Member, James E. & Carolyn B. Davis Society, University of North Carolina School of Law
- Managing Editor, North Carolina Law Review, Volume 93
News & Publications
- "Holes in the Defense: Evaluating the North Carolina Attorney General’s Duty to Defend and the Responses of Other Government Actors," 92 N.C. L. Rev. 20272014
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
- United States Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit
- J.D., with high honors, University of North Carolina School of Law, 2015
- Order of the Coif
- B.A., Political Science, with honors and highest distinction, University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill, 2012
- Robertson Scholar, University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill & Duke University
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Chambers of Judge Karen LeCraft Henderson, United States Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit, Washington, D.C.