James is an associate in the Corporate group. He practices in the areas of securities law, corporate law and mergers and acquisitions.
After law school James clerked for the Honorable William L. Osteen, Jr., Chief Judge for the Middle District of North Carolina.
While attending the University of North Carolina School of Law, James served as Director of the UNC Law Pro Bono Program and as a Comment Editor of the North Carolina Law Review.
Prior to law school, James taught high school social studies for three years in Wake County, North Carolina.
Professional & Community Affiliations
Member, Board of Directors, Activate Good
Member, UNC Law Pro Bono Alumni Board
Member, Edenton Street United Methodist Church, Raleigh
Honors & Awards
Member, Order of the Golden Fleece
Member, James E. and Carolyn B. Davis Society at UNC Law
- Advised a multinational Fortune 500 provider of product development and integrated healthcare services in its merger with a NYSE-listed global information and technology services company, creating a leading information and tech-enabled healthcare service provider. The equity market capitalization of the joined companies was more than $17.6 billion at closing.
- Advised an investment company in a definitive agreement to purchase the outstanding equity interests of the largest independent blender and packager of lubricants to the automotive, agriculture, commercial and heavy duty markets in North America.
- Advised a specialty pharmaceutical company in the sale of a subsidiary to and its investment in a privately held specialty pharmaceutical company.
News & Publications
Events & Webinars
University of North Carolina, J.D., with high honors, 2014
- Order of the Coif
Wake Forest University, M.A., Education, 2008
University of North Carolina, B.A., with highest distinction, 2007
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Dean's List (eight semesters)
- Law Clerk to the Honorable William L. Osteen, Jr., Chief Judge for the Middle District of North Carolina