Dan is an associate in the Firm’s Corporate and Technology practice groups. His practice focuses on technology contracting and licensing, commercial transactions, mergers and acquisitions, public and private securities and corporate formation and governance.
Prior to attending law school, Dan worked for Legal Aid of North Carolina as an Intake Specialist and Volunteer Coordinator. During law school, Dan served as a judicial intern with the Supreme Court of North Carolina.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Member, North Carolina Bar Association
- Member, Wake County Bar Association
- Member, North Carolina State University Honors Program Advisory Board
Honors & Awards
- Articles Editor, Duke Law & Technology Review
- Advised a publicly traded supplier of water and water dispensers in an agreement to acquire by merger a publicly traded competitor for $263 million in cash and stock.
- Represented a NYSE-listed energy company in a strategic alliance with an on-site power generation systems company to integrate an energy platform with smart storage solutions, including an initial 50 megawatt project involving distributed generation systems at over 150 sites.
- Represented a venture capital-funded genome editing company in a worldwide partnership, worth up to $1.6 billion, including an upfront payment of $105 million, with a global, publicly-traded pharmaceutical company to develop and commercialize allogeneic chimeric antigen receptor (CAR) T cell therapies for multiple cancers. The transaction was awarded the 2016 Life Science sector Deals of Distinction™ award by the Licensing Executives Society.
- Represented an international health care group and its U.S. specialty pharmaceutical company subsidiary in obtaining multinational license rights to three cardiovascular drugs from a large public pharmaceutical company for $264 million in cash at closing, up to $480 million in milestone and royalty payments, and the assumption of up to $50 million in milestone payment obligations.
- Advises NYSE- and NASDAQ-listed public companies in various industries with respect to public disclosure and securities law compliance matters, NYSE and NASDAQ listing requirements, corporate governance, and general corporate matters.
- Represented multiple pharmaceutical companies in negotiating clinical and commercial supply agreements.
- Represented a global solid state LED lighting and semiconductor manufacturing company in a Hong Kong joint venture to sell mid-power lighting class LED packaged products.
News & Publications
- Daniel C. Rowe, Periodic Reporting in a Continuous World: The Correlating Evolution of Technology and Financial Reporting, 13 Duke Law & Technology Review 248-266 (2015)
Bar & Court Admissions
- North Carolina
Duke University School of Law, J.D., 2015
North Carolina State University, B.A., summa cum laude, 2012
- Phi Beta Kappa