Allen York focuses his practice on a wide range of real estate transactions, including representation of developers in connection with all phases of acquisition, ownership, operation and disposition of real property, such as title related matters, preparation of easements, restrictions and covenants for commercial developments, purchase and sale contracts, retail and office space leases and ground leases, property management and leasing agreements, real estate financing and disposition/acquisition closings. Allen has worked extensively on all aspects of retail developments, including mixed use developments, enclosed malls and power centers.
Allen is a LEED Accredited Professional (LEED-AP), a distinction he earned through the Green Building Certification Institute.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- International Council of Shopping Centers, Member
- Urban Land Institute, Member
- Wake County Bar Association, Real Property Section, Member
Honors & Awards
- Chambers USA: America’s Leading Business Lawyers, Real Estate (2016)
- Business North Carolina's Legal Elite, Real Estate (2016)
- The Best Lawyers in America©, Real Estate Law (2016-2017)
- North Carolina Super Lawyers, Rising Star (2012-2016)
- Represented a hotel management company regarding the disposition of a portfolio of twenty hotels valued over $350 million
- Represented a developer in the disposition of a portfolio containing over forty office and retail properties valued over $550 million
- Represents publicly-traded retail REITs in space and ground leasing matters, as well as acquisition and disposition of shopping centers and outparcels
- Represented a developer regarding real estate matters related to the acquisition of an eighteen parcel, fifty acre assemblage
News & Publications
- 2017 The Best Lawyers in America© Guide Recognizes 62 Smith Anderson Lawyers – Most in the Firm’s History08.15.2016
- 2016 The Best Lawyers in America© Guide Lists 60 Smith Anderson Lawyers – Most in the Firm’s History08.17.2015
“Considerations for Festival Events at Shopping Centers”, Retail Law Strategist; Winter 2011, Vol. 11, Issue 4
Events & Webinars
“The Basics of Shopping Center Leasing”, The Real Property Reality Show: Fear Factor or Survivor, November 6-7, 2008.