Alexander Horn joined Smith Anderson in 2014 and practices in the areas of mezzanine finance, debt finance and private equity. He has several years’ experience advising public and private companies, banks, finance companies, investment funds and other investors in a broad range of debt financing transactions, including syndicated and single-lender credit facilities, leveraged buyouts, and mergers and acquisitions.
Prior to joining Smith Anderson, Alex was an associate in the Boston office of an international law firm. After graduating from law school, Alex worked in the securities lending division of State Street Bank in Boston, assisting with legal and regulatory compliance matters. During law school, he was a legal intern in the Boston area office of the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation and served as a summer law clerk for the Hon. Lorraine M. Weil, U.S. Bankruptcy Court, District of Connecticut.
Professional & Community Affiliations
- Executive Editor, Connecticut Journal of International Law, 2004-2005
- Represented a private equity-sponsored group of food companies in connection with financing the acquisition of a UK-based food group
- Represented a shipping and logistics company in connection with financing and refinancing the construction of a container/cargo vessel
- Represented mutual fund complex in connection with its investments in syndicated credit facilities
- Represented one of the largest privately owned office suppliers in the U.S. with respect to its $137,500,000 senior secured credit facilities
- Represented an affiliate of the Malaysian government and one of the largest producers of palm oil in the world, with respect to approximately $94,000,000 in credit facilities established for its U.S. subsidiaries and approximately CAD 236,000,000 in credit facilities established for its Canadian subsidiaries
- Represented a well-known, fast casual bakery and cafe franchisor with respect to its $112,000,000 senior secured revolving credit facility
- Represented indenture trustees in foreclosing upon and liquidating CDOs and CLOs
- Represented corporate trustee in connection with interest rate and credit default swap claims in Lehman Brothers bankruptcy