Margaret Rosenfeld, Smith Anderson partner, joined more than 500 business executives at the Triangle Business Journal 11th Annual Women in Business Award luncheon. She was one of 26 successful professional women to receive The Women in Business Award on Wednesday, August 6, 2008, at the Sheraton Imperial Hotel.
The following leaders were honored for their accomplishments with a 2008 Women in Business Award:
- Jamie Fricke, Wake Nephrology Associates, PA
- Betsy Gaskins McClaine, WakeMed Health & Hospitals
- Martha Sewell, Kilpatrick Stockton
- Mary-Ann Baldwin, Stewart Engineering, Inc.
- Beth Traynham, Hughes Pittman & Gupton
- Arlene Diosegy, Williams Mullen, Attorneys at Law
- Mary Kuhn, Talecris Biotherapeutics
- Elizabeth McGee, Apple Gold Group
- Ann Campbell, Campbell Alliance
- Gina Moore, Mainline Contracting, Inc.
- Cathy Rosebaugh-Jennings, Alterna Home Solutions
- Denise Hatzidakis, XIOX Authentic Greek Restaurant
- Paige Zinn, Jennings
- Sheila Crosby, HumanCentric Technologies, Inc.
- Tracy Futhey, Duke University
- Laura Schoppe, Fuentek, LLC
- Julie McQueen, Duke Raleigh Cancer
- Margaret Rosenfeld, Smith Anderson
- Crystal Hughes, VACO Raleigh, LLC
- Suzanne Miglucci, SciQuest
- Sue Weems, Venture Management, Inc.
- Carla Parker Hollis, Duke Raleigh Hospital
- Kim Raynor, Alice Aycock Poe Center for Health Education
- Penella Washington, Wake Health Services
Profiles of the honorees will be featured in a Women in Business Awards special section that will be published in Triangle Business Journal on August 29, 2008.
Ms. Rosenfeld has corporate and securities law experience both within the United States and internationally. Her practice includes public company reporting, corporate governance, public offerings and private placements of securities, corporate investigations (internal and government), mergers and acquisitions, and intellectual property protection and licensing as well as general corporation representation.
Before joining Smith Anderson in 2001, Ms. Rosenfeld practiced corporate, finance and securities law with Freshfields Bruckhaus Deringer in London, the United Kingdom and Frankfurt, Germany and with Paul, Weiss, Rifkind, Wharton & Garrison in Tokyo, Japan.