AA Contact info
Bar & Court Admissions
- Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals
- Federal Circuit Court of Appeals
- District of Massachusetts
- Harvard Law School, J.D., 2013
- Stanford University, B.A., International Relations, with distinction, 2009
- Phi Beta Kappa
- Firestone Medal for honors thesis
- Chambers of Judge Timothy Tymkovich, United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
Irina Oberman Khagi joined Smith Anderson in 2016 and is a member of the firm’s Litigation practice group. Irina’s practice focuses on intellectual property and licensing, technology, and corporate and business contract litigation.
Prior to joining Smith Anderson, Irina was a litigation associate in a large Boston-based law firm. Prior to that, Irina was a law clerk to the honorable Judge Timothy Tymkovich, United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit in Denver, Colorado.
NOT ADMITTED TO PRACTICE IN NORTH CAROLINA.
Honors & Awards
- Editor-in-Chief, Harvard Journal of Law & Public Policy, Volume 36
- Online Digest Contributor and Editor, Harvard Journal of Law and Technology, 2010-2011
- Advised an international health care group in an agreement to acquire worldwide patent rights and related intellectual property for two cardiovascular drugs from a world leader in biopharmaceutical business.
- Defended a pharmaceutical company against contract claims related to a licensing agreement.
- Defended a pharmaceutical company and affiliates in patent infringement litigation.
- Defended a pharmaceutical company in litigation arising from claimed antitrust violations.
- Defended a pharmaceutical company in inter partes review proceeding before Patent Trial and Appeals Board.
- Represented an internet content delivery network provider in patent infringement litigation.
- Defended a majority shareholder in closely held corporation in shareholder dispute.
- The Death of Merger Litigation Part II – The North Carolina Business Court Puts a Nail in the CoffinDecember 6, 2016
- Co-Author, "DTSA’s Promise of Uniformity Remains Unfilfilled," Law360June 15, 2016
- Co-Author, "The Slants’ Trademark Battle Plays On," Law360April 5, 2016
- Co-Author, "Ariosa v. Sequenom Signals Trouble Ahead for Life Sciences," Law360November 3, 2015
- Author, "Maintaining the Clear and Convincing Evidence Standard for Patent Invalidity Challenges in Microsoft Corp. v. i4i Limited Partnership, 131 S. Ct. 2238 (2011)," HARV. J.L. & PUB. POL’Y 439 (2012)2012