We are honored by the recent recognition our Firm and individual lawyers have received from clients, peers and the business community:
- Smith Anderson is listed in the National Law Journal’s 2014 “NLJ 350” list, which identifies the largest law firms in the United States by number of lawyers. We are the only Raleigh-based law firm and one of six North Carolina firms to make the list.
- Twenty-one Smith Anderson lawyers earned high honors from Chambers USA: America's Leading Business Lawyers in 2014, including more lawyers recognized within the practice of Corporate/M&A than any other North Carolina-based law firm. In the publication's practice area rankings, the Firm received honors in the following practice categories: Banking & Finance; Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions; Environment; Labor & Employment; Litigation: General Commercial; and Real Estate.
- Fifty-four Smith Anderson lawyers were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2015.
- Three of our partners were named "Lawyers of the Year" in Raleigh for their respective specialties by The Best Lawyers in America© 2014.
- In its annual joint “Best Law Firms” ranking, U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers® named Smith Anderson a metropolitan “Tier 1” firm in 25 practice categories.
- North Carolina Super Lawyers 2014 named 36 of the Firm's lawyers in its list and identified 10 additional lawyers as “Rising Stars.” Three Smith Anderson lawyers were further recognized among the “Top 25” Raleigh Super Lawyers and “Top 50 Women” and “Top 100” Super Lawyers in the State.
- Benchmark Litigation 2015, "The Definitive Guide to America's Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys," included 10 lawyers and gave Smith Anderson's Litigation group a "highly recommended" rating, which is the publication's highest rating.
- Business North Carolina 2014 "Legal Elite" list recognized 15 Smith Anderson lawyers. In addition, three lawyers have been inducted into the publication's Hall of Fame, a permanent status that is awarded when a lawyer receives the most votes in a practice category during the course of the publication's research for a particular year.