We are honored by the recent recognition our Firm and individual lawyers have received from clients, peers and the business community:
- Smith Anderson is listed in the National Law Journal’s 2013 “NLJ 350” list, which identifies the largest law firms in the United States by number of lawyers. With 122 lawyers, Smith Anderson ranks #333 and is the only Raleigh-based firm and one of four North Carolina firms to make the list.
- Twenty-one Smith Anderson lawyers earned high honors from Chambers USA: America's Leading Business Lawyers in 2014, including more lawyers recognized within the practice of Corporate/M&A than any other North Carolina-based law firm. In the publication's practice area rankings, the Firm received honors in the following practice categories: Banking & Finance; Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions; Environment; Labor & Employment; Litigation: General Commercial; and Real Estate.
- Fifty-four Smith Anderson lawyers were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2015.
- Three of our partners were named "Lawyers of the Year" in Raleigh for their respective specialties by The Best Lawyers in America® 2014.
- North Carolina Super Lawyers 2014 named 36 of the Firm's lawyers in its list and identified 10 additional lawyers as Rising Stars. Three Smith Anderson lawyers were further recognized among the Top 100 Super Lawyers, Top 25 Raleigh Super Lawyers and Top 50 Women Super Lawyers in North Carolina.
- Benchmark Litigation 2014: "The Definitive Guide to America's Leading Lawyers" listed seven lawyers and gave Smith Anderson's Commercial Litigation practice a "highly recommended" rating, which is their highest rating.
- Business North Carolina 2014 Legal Elite list recognized 15 Smith Anderson lawyers. In addition, three lawyers were previously inducted into the publication's Hall of Fame, a permanent status that is awarded when a lawyer receives the most votes in a practice category during the course of the publication's research for a particular year.