We are honored by the recent recognition our Firm and individual lawyers have received from clients, peers and the business community:
- Smith Anderson landed on Law360’s 2015 list of the 400 largest law firms in the U.S., moving up 11 ranks from last year to 326. Smith Anderson’s 128 lawyers make it the largest law firm based in Raleigh and one of the largest in North Carolina.
- Smith Anderson is listed in the National Law Journal’s 2015 “NLJ 350” list, which identifies the largest law firms in the United States by number of lawyers. We are the only Raleigh-based law firm to make the list.
- Twenty-five Smith Anderson lawyers earned high honors from 2015 Chambers USA: America's Leading Business Lawyers, including more lawyers recognized within the practice of Corporate/M&A than any other North Carolina-based law firm. In the publication's practice area rankings, the Firm received honors in the following practice categories: Banking & Finance; Corporate/Mergers & Acquisitions; Environment; Labor & Employment; Litigation: General Commercial; and Real Estate.
- Sixty Smith Anderson lawyers were recently selected by their peers for inclusion in The Best Lawyers in America© 2016, the most in our firm's history.
- Four of our partners were named "Lawyers of the Year" in Raleigh for their respective specialties by The Best Lawyers in America© 2016.
- In the 2016 “Best Law Firms” ranking, U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers® recognized Smith Anderson in 38 practice categories, including a national rating.
- North Carolina Super Lawyers 2016 recognizes 46 of the Firm's lawyers as either Super Lawyers or “Rising Stars” in its annual ratings.
- Benchmark Litigation 2016, "The Definitive Guide to America's Leading Litigation Firms and Attorneys," included 10 lawyers and gave Smith Anderson's Litigation group a "highly recommended" rating, which is the publication's highest rating.
- BTI Consulting Group ranked Smith Anderson number 88 in the country for law firm client service excellence in the 2016 BTI Client Service A-Team guide. The BTI Client Service A-Team is the only law firm ranking based solely on direct, unprompted feedback from corporate counsel.